Date Last Modified: 04/10/2020
A current version of this Policy will always be made available on Our Site. PLLAY reserves the right to change this Policy at any time without prior notice to you, and any amended Policy is effective upon posting to the Site. If We make material changes to this Policy, We will update the “Date Last Modified” and will notify you via email. Your continued use of the Site and the corresponding Service following such material changes requires your affirmative consent to the changes, which will require you to click on a box which verifies you have read and agree to the Policy. If you do not agree to the changes, your sole remedy is to cease using the Site. It is your responsibility to periodically check and review this Policy for changes.
- NOTE REGARDING CHILDREN
Our Services are designed for adults (18+). We do not knowingly collect information from any child under the legal age to provide consent to data processing (16). If you are the parent of a child under the age required to provide consent and believe he or she has disclosed personal information to us, please contact us at the email listed at the bottom of this policy.
- INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect information about the Services you use and how you use them, such as the selections you make on our Services, as described below.
- We collect Account Registration Information, such as your full name, permanent residential address, phone number, date of birth, and a valid email address, and supply a username and password to be used in conjunction with your user account.
- We collect User Content Information, including any content, audio, video, image, or text materials that you make available, submit or transmit to the Services when you set up your profile or use features like public chat forums and direct messaging on our Services.
- We collect Payment Information, such as your credit card number, expiration date, card verification number, and billing address in order to transfer or deposit funds or to purchase passes to obtain tokens for entry into matches, tournaments or contests.
- We collect Identity Verification Information, such as government or similar IDs to verify users’ identities and to prevent fraudulent users when dealing with payments.
- We collect Location Information, both precise and general location (e.g., state and country).
- We may also create or collect Identifiers, such as cookies, statistical identifiers, gamertags, device or advertising identifiers, device IDs. usernames, and similar identifiers that are linkable to a browser, device, or account but which does not directly identify a person. From these platforms, we may also receive other information, such as your IP address, user agent, timestamps, sensor data, apps, fonts, battery life information, and screen size.
- We may collect Internet Activity Information, including navigation paths, search queries, crashes, timestamps, purchases, clicks and shares, and referral URLs. We may combine this data with other categories of information described above. For efficiency, information about your interactions may be transmitted to our servers while you are not using the app.
Additional information will also be collected from users who have cumulatively won $600 or more over the previous calendar year for tax regulations compliance purposes (including, but not limited to, an updated mailing address and social security number).
- HOW WE COLLECT INFORMATION
We collect and obtain information:
- From you - We collect personal information when it is provided to us, such as when you use our Services, attempt to contact us or connect with us on social media or one of our partners. For example, you may see a “Log in with…” button from your phone, which means we request personal information from a partner to streamline the login process. You will likely be presented with a “request for permission” screen by a third party asking to share your ID, profile picture, and other listed information with us.
- From your device - We use tracking tools like cookies and other technologies to automatically collect information about you (e.g., Identifiers and Internet Activity Information). We collect this information when you interact with our Services. We may have third parties collect personal information on our behalf in this way, too.
- From third party service providers We hire to work on our behalf - We work with third party service providers who collect information on our behalf in order to provide Services to us (i.e., external processing as described in Section 7 – HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION below). We only allow these service providers to use your personal information in connection with the services they provide to us.
- From other sources - We may also partner with third parties that collect additional information.
- HOW WE USE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
The information collected by Us will be used for a variety of business purposes, including, for example, to operate, maintain and provide you with the features and functionality of the Sites and Services. This may include (but is not limited to):
- Providing, maintaining, protecting and improving our Services, to develop new Services and offerings, and to protect Us and Our
- Responding to your inquiries, providing customer services, and resolving any complaints;
- Communicating with you regarding certain products, services or promotions offered by Campaign Monitor or certain third party products or services We believe you may be interested in, provided that you have not already opted out of receiving such communications;
- Anonymizing or aggregating your information for business purposes, including for reporting and research purposes;
- Enforcing compliance with the Terms and Conditions;
- Complying with any applicable laws and regulations; and
- For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time your information is collected or pursuant to your consent.
Please keep in mind that comments sections, forums, and other similar areas of our Services are public. Any information posted in those areas is viewable and usable by anyone that has access.
- HOW WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION
We share certain categories of personal information with companies, outside organizations, and individuals for limited reasons, outlined below:
- With your consent - We will share personal information with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have your consent to do so.
- For legal reasons - We will share personal information with companies, outside organizations or individuals if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary to meet any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues or protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of our users or the public as required or permitted by law. For example, We may disclose your personal information without notice: (i) to cooperate in investigations of fraud, intellectual property infringement or any other activity that is illegal or may expose Us or you to legal liability; (ii) when required by law or to comply with a court order, subpoena, search warrant or other legal process; (iii) to comply with legal, regulatory or administrative requirements of governmental authorities (including, without limitation, requests from the governmental agency authorities to view your personal information); (iv) to protect and defend the rights, property or safety of Us, Our affiliates, subsidiaries and partners and any of their officers, directors, employees, attorneys, agents, contractors and partners, and the other users of the Service; (v) to verify the identity of the users; (vi) to protect the security and integrity of the Site; (vii) to protect the rights, property or personal safety of PLLAY, Our users or others; and (viii) to enforce the Our Terms and Conditions. Where possible and appropriate, We will notify you if We are required by law to disclose your personal information.
- In case of a sale or asset transfer - If we become involved in a merger, acquisition or other transaction involving the sale of some or all of our assets, user information, including all categories of personal information collected from you through your use of our Services, could be included in the transferred assets. Should such an event occur, we will use reasonable means to notify you, either through email and/or a prominent notice on the Services.
- In aggregated form for business purposes - We may share aggregated information, Identifiers and Internet Activity Information with our partners such as businesses we have a relationship with, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information to show trends about the general use of our services.
We use Identifiers and Internet Activity Information to operate our Services and manage user sessions, including analyzing usage of our Services, preventing malicious behavioral and fraud, improving the content, to link your identity across devices and browsers in order to provide you with a more seamless experience online, and helping third parties provide relevant advertising and related metrics. We share Identifiers and Internet Activity Information with third parties primarily for advertising and analytics purposes, for external processing, and for security purposes.
- THIRD PARTIES
The Service may contain advertising and links to external third party sites that We do not own or operate. This may include links from advertisers, sponsors and/or partners that may use Our logo(s) as part of a co-branding or co-marketing agreement. While we strive to work with reputable companies with good privacy practices, this Policy does not apply to services offered by other companies or individuals, including products or sites that may be displayed to you on the Services. For further information, please see the relevant privacy policies for each third party.
- LEGAL BASES FOR PROCESSING
The data we process may qualify for multiple legal bases for processing under Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation (and similar laws that specify legal bases for processing). Below are our primary legal bases for each type of data for users covered under such laws:
It is contractually necessary and a legitimate interest to process your username, email, password, cookie data, IP address, account numbers on various platforms (e.g., your XBox or Steam ID), game information (including wins/losses, scores, and screenshots), device models, operating systems versions, and similar information to fulfill our obligations in the terms of service to provide you with and market our high quality products and services.
We obtain consent for the processing of data necessary for any optional profile information, such as your profile picture, your description, gender, birthday, and general location (e.g., state and country). Where users login with social media accounts, those companies have obtained consent on our behalf to use that data as described above.
We have a contractual necessity and a legitimate interest in collecting our users’ game activities for the purpose of tracking users’ game usage and stats, including to be used in leaderboards, to determine the winners of matches, and to help market our services to existing and new users.
We have a legitimate interest and a contractual necessity in processing and storing payment information in order to facilitate transactions between our users and ourselves. It’s a legitimate interest and we obtain consent to process your government-issued identifiers, such as driver’s licenses. This is used in order to verify our users’ identities and to prevent fraudulent users when dealing with payments.
It’s a contractual necessity and a legitimate interest to process your social data, such as teams, friends, friend requests, blocked users, chats, and direct messages. In some instances as necessary, we may obtain consent for such data.
We have a legitimate interest in processing users’ purchase history for the purpose of providing users help in fixing purchase and payment issues.
We have a legitimate interest in conducting analytics, measuring usage and conversions, detecting fraudulent users, implementing data security measures, and analyzing game telemetrics to improve our services. We and our processors have measures in place to protect your privacy.
We have a legitimate interest in enabling third-party ads and data collection on our sites and apps to help provide a more customized ad experience for our users and site visitors. We may also use ad mediation services that help us organize our vendors, who may also receive and transfer data from these ad partners. Our reputable partners provide measures to protect your privacy, such as pseudonymization and opt-outs. In some cases as appropriate, we or our partners obtain consent.
We have a legitimate interest in sending periodic emails and direct marketing to inform registered users of updates and offers. We make clear disclosures when users sign up and offer opt outs to anyone not interested.
For HR and internal operations, we rely on contractual necessity and legitimate interests to process the data of applicants and staff, such as for resumes and applications, payroll, internal chat and communications, and project management.
We have a legitimate interest in processing users’ personal data to provide customer support, debug problems, and answer sales questions, including data such as emails, names, and other details as necessary to answer user questions. Similarly, we have a legitimate interest in processing personal data (e.g., names, social media profile data, and chat data/metadata) for the purpose of responding to questions and messages on our social media accounts, including through automated bots.
If you wish to cancel your account, you can do so by accessing our Site or contacting us at email@example.com for assistance with the process. Additionally, if you do not wish to receive promotional marketing from Us, you can turn this off within the Site. Campaign Monitor will also remove you at your request. To make such a request You should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading “Opt-Out.” Please note that even if you opt-out or unsubscribe from promotional offers or other marketing messages, We still may need to share your personal information or send communications relating to your use of the Services including, without limitation, responding to an inquiry initiated by you or for other legitimate non-marketing reasons.
Like many other companies, We do not honor Do Not Track flags but instead, offer other choices with respect to third parties. Many third parties participate in self-regulation to offer you a choice regarding receiving targeted ads. Please note that you’ll still see generic ads after opting out, but they won’t be based on your activities online. On the web, you can opt out of participating companies by visiting the following sites:
If you wish to similarly opt out of cross-app advertising on mobile devices, you can enable the Limit Ad Tracking flag on the device. Enabling Limit Ad Tracking sends a flag to third parties that you wish to opt out of targeted advertising on that device, and major mobile platforms require companies to honor this flag. Screenshots on how to find these options on various devices are available here: http://www.networkadvertising.org/mobile-choices. For options on other platforms or devices, please see their respective privacy policies to learn about the choices they offer.
- PERSONAL INFORMATION HELD ON SERVERS WITHIN THE UNITED STATES
- ACCESSING AND UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
We aim to provide you with a reasonable opportunity to access, update, and delete to your personal information. We urge you to review your personal information regularly to ensure that it is correct and complete. If you would like to review your personal information or if you believe that any of your information is incorrect or has changed, please email Us at email@example.com . When updating your information, We may ask you to verify your identity before We can act on your request.
We will process your request as soon as reasonably practicable, provided We are not otherwise prevented from doing so on legal grounds, or your identity cannot be verified. If We are unable to meet your request, We will let you know why. For example, it may be necessary for Us to deny your request if it would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy or affairs of other individuals, or if it is not reasonable and practicable for Us to process your request in the manner you have requested.
- HOW LONG USER INFORMATION IS KEPT
We will only keep your personal information for as long as We require it for the purposes of operating the Site and providing you with the Services. We may keep a copy of your personal information in Our archives for as long as We reasonably need it. We may alter this practice according to changing requirements. For example, We may delete some data if needed to free up storage space. We may keep other data for longer periods if applicable law requires.
Please note that PLLAY may need to retain some information about you in order to satisfy legal and security obligations. In addition, you should be aware that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons.
- INFORMATION SECURITY
We work hard to protect our users from unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of information we hold and undertake reasonable security measures with appropriate confidentiality, integrity, and availability protections. However, since no software or storage system is 100% secure, we cannot guarantee for the security of your information associated with the Services, or any other service for that matter. You can help protect your account information by using unique and hard-to-guess passwords.
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits residents of the State of California to request from certain businesses with whom the California resident has an established business relationship a list of all third parties to which the business, during the immediately preceding calendar year, has disclosed certain personally identifiable information for direct marketing purposes. We are only required to respond to a customer request once during any calendar year. To make such a request you should email Us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading “California Privacy Rights.” In your request, please attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for Our response. Please be aware that not all information sharing is covered by the California privacy rights requirements and only information sharing that is covered will be included in Our response. We reserve the right not to respond to requests submitted to addresses other than the addresses specified in this paragraph.
If you reside in California, you also have the right to make the following requests with respect to your personal information:
- Access – You have the right to request that we disclose to you the categories of personal information collected about you, the categories of sources from which the personal information is collected, the categories of personal information sold or disclosed, the business or commercial purpose for collecting and selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share the personal information, and the specific pieces of personal information collected about you over the past 12 months.
- Deletion – You can request that we delete your personal information that we maintain about you, subject to certain exceptions.
- Right to be free from discrimination – You have the right not to be discriminated against for exercising these rights.
We may deny certain requests, or fulfill a request only in part, based on our legal rights and obligations. For example, we may retain personal information as permitted by law, such as for tax or other record keeping purposes, to maintain an active account, and to process transactions and facilitate customer requests. Employment-Related Information will not be included in fulfillment of your requests.
We will take reasonable steps to verify your identity prior to responding to your requests. The verification steps will vary depending on the sensitivity of the personal information and whether you have an account with Us.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. When submitting the request, please ensure the authorized agent identifies himself/herself/itself as an authorized agent.
You may exercise the above rights emailing us at email@example.com.
If any part of this Policy is held invalid or unenforceable, that portion shall be interpreted in a manner consistent with applicable law to reflect, as nearly as possible, Our original intentions, and the remaining portions shall remain in full force and effect.
- CONTACT US